Everything You Need To Know About Communal Seating In Our Beer Garden
When you’re heading to our beer garden for Saturday or Sunday Brunch, Germantown Tuesdays, or Big Stein Thursdays – unless you snag a seat at the bar, chances are you’re going to be taking a seat at one of our communal tables. At Von Elrod’s, we like to stay true to our German-inspired roots, which means that when you’re in the beer hall or our on our covered patio, you’re going to be surrounded by other fun-loving people just like you! In our minds, there’s nothing better than enjoying a brew with others, and we have plenty of beer and beer-lovers at our beer bar in Nashville. Whether you’re visiting from out of town or just stopping by after a long-day of work, knowing the proper etiquette at our community tables is essential.
The Do’s and The Don’t Of Communal Seating
Not sure how you feel about sitting at a community table with people you may not know? Trust us, there’s nothing to worry about! Next time your in our beer garden or out on the patio, use our top tips for proper communal table etiquette, and you’ll be raising a stein with new friends in no time!
- Don’t spread your bags, coats, laptops, etc. everywhere. We’re all sharing the space. Make sure there’s room for everyone! You don’t want to crowd your neighbors. Respect their space and they’ll return the favor (we hope).
- Don’t assume everyone at a communal table wants to chat you with you all night. Make sure to read others body language and to give them a chance to sit back, relax, and eat one of our hand-cranked sausages or other delicious menu items. It’s great to chat with those around you – but maybe let them finish their meal first!
- Do be friendly. Are you with a group of friends to watch a Nashville Predators or Tennessee Titans game? Chances are there are other sports fans around! Cheer on your favorite teams together. Celebrations (and losses) are better in the company of friends.
- Do be polite. A simple hello and a nod when you take your seat is something easy to do.
- Do have a good time. You came to Von Elrod’s for something fun to do! Whether you’re hanging out with us for brunch, a meal before the Nashville Sounds game, or a happy hour, we hope you’ll have a blast with us.
Nashville’s ONLY German Beer Garden
Looking for an authentic beer garden experience? Join us in the beer garden or on our patio. Grab a seat and get ready to enjoy a fun time with old and new friends! Whether you’re in the mood for a frozen cocktail or a local craft beer from one of our 36 taps, we’ve got you covered.